Tuesday, March 6, 2007

New Levels of Nerd-Living

I've sunk to a new level of nerdly-ness. I was in the campus bookstore purchasing four capacitors (100 microfarad, and 220 microfarad) when I realized I was excited! I'm not making anything big. Just an astable multivibrator. Stupid really. And yet I was pleased as punch.

I'm sure Crackgerbal will be pleased with this new state of stupidity. She doesn't mind that I'm a nerd but I prefer not to give her any openings. She's a nerd to so you think it wouldn't matter but...

New term coming up and I finally got classes I'm excited about.

As a freshman I don't really have a chance to take good classes so when I do get interesting ones it is very nice. I'm taking Differential Calculus, Statistics, Welding, and Programming for Engineers. Nice set there!

It occurs to me that no one should really care what I write here. Not that I don't want them to care--deep down I really do :-)-- but they really shouldn't. They should have their own lives which they live on a day-to-day basis to the exclusion of all else. Living vicariously--nice tool song!--is only good if you somehow feel you lack in your own life. Maybe that's why I don't read other people's blogs. Not that I don't want too, it's just that I think that to do so would somehow indicate that my life actually sucks which I'm not ready to admit yet.

That is all

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love how addicted bloggers strive for the sympathy of strangers as some sort of consolation for their life. I find it funny, that most addicted bloggers fully know their readers will not care due to their lack of association; however' they still try. It seems futile to attempt to gain the sympathy of strangers. I think some people search for the lack of association purposefully because if a reader who is not directly related to the situation can offer a third opinion, then the opinion is regaurded as unbiased from the lack of drama given to association.

but hey, i read your blog. and its totally not futile for you to write if you have one loyal reader.

Demented Chihuahua said...

Thanks love! At least I have one loyal reader. I'd be happy with just one *read* of any kind!