Saturday, November 24, 2007

Z-Stage Idea for the McWire RepStrap

Here is something else I scavenged from the Universal Stereoplotters. A nice z-stage setup for our McWire RepStrap.

In these images we have two full assemblies being shown. On the left is an assembly that is broken into its two components. The smaller shiny piece is the part you attach to the McWire bot while the darker piece above it is the part that gets the Extruder attached to it. To the right is the same setup--I got two--but put together.

An astute observer may ask how this assembly is kept together once in the vertical position? Ah, there is the cool part: MAGNETS! The two round portions in the dark piece with what look like lines through the centers of them are magnets. The other portion is metal so it gets held against the rollers but doesn't end up touching the magnets. Nice little setup that we should consider for the McWire RepStrap.

Scavanged Motors

These two motors and gearhead assemblies came out of a Universal Stereoplotter from my school. They are swiss made Portescap motors labeled as ESCAP 26L28 213 4 with Portescap gearheads labeled as ESCAP 26.1 156:1.


(One complete assembly with the other broken apart)

(That's the motor on the left and the gearhead on the right.)

(Motor on the right again and the gearhead on the left. Both from the other ends.)

I did some searching online for these motors/gearheads and came up with the following links:

26 Series Motors

K Series Gearheads
(Most of the way down the page and listed as 26.0 instead of 26.1. Don't know what the distinction means.)

My question is: How much are these worth. Neither listing is exactly what I have because they are fairly old though lightly used.