Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Computer dies and I work

Today I'm trying to upgrade my Fedora Core 4 installation to Fedora Core 6. I tried to do this some few weeks ago but managed to fuck it up so that it wouldn't work as a live update. This time I mooched off my girlfriend to burn a set of FC6 installation CDs so I could get things going.

As soon as I stuck them in and started, however, I was shown just how far my fucked up attempts at a yum update went in screwing myself. The system installer--Anaconda--told me it would upgrade from FC5 which was installed on my system! Oops! Just after this erroneous message, the install process hung. No amount of cajoling would get it to go any further.

I am writing this post from a Ubuntu 6.06.1 (the Daper Drake) LiveCD! How's that for off-the-cuff and seat-of-your-pants!? No sweat as this nerd has things--if not figured out, then at least--under (some sort) of control. Maybe...

In other news...

I'm now working overtime! Hurray for slacker co-workers! Bitches. Anyway, I suppose I could use the OT for the money. Starving student and all that. Still, I would rather be hanging out with my GF...that's another story though.

Did anyone see the fat-kid custody story out of England? What a laugh. Mother refused to stop feeding him junk food. Said he wouldn't eat fruits and vegetables and such. The kid is eight and weighs just under 200 lbs! At least it isn't just America that is going fucking nuts. Other countries are also sliding into the proverbial pit!

I think I like this blogging shit. I like to rant and it is fun to have the occasional forum for that sort of stuff.

On rants...you should check out Sean Bedlam on YouTube. That guy takes the words right out of my head! He's the man. Respect and support for Sean Bedlam!!!

That is all

No comments: